Are you happiest when you serve others? Do you find joy in practicing yoga and want to share this joy with others? Then this Yoga Teacher Training is for you!
When we teach yoga it enables us to continue our spiritual growth and doing the work on ourselves. Transformation happens and our relationships, health, well being and eventually handstands improve 😉
In this yoga teacher training course you will learn the tools to teach yoga safely by considering the individual body. Find your own authentic voice and style and teach Yoga confidently.
We will start on Saturday 6 February 2021. We will meet on:
Wednesdays 6pm – 8 / 9pm at Earth Yoga Sanctuary (Randjiesfontein)
Saturdays 12pm – 3pm at Earth Yoga Studio (Kyalami)
Class times at Earth Yoga (100 classes required)
Here is the calendar with exact lecture dates, times and class plans. (Look from February 2021)
Final exams and graduation will take place mid December 2020.
200 hours consist of:
- Discuss and explore Yoga History and Philosophy
- Yoga Asana Workshops covering all groups of postures
- Learn Yoga Anatomy through applied learning / play. No boring lectures!
- Business of Yoga
- Meditation and mindfulness
- Practice to teach with feedback. We focus on class sequencing, language and speech, observation and adjustments.
- 100 classes at Earth Yoga Studio
- Assignments and book reports
- A regular yoga practice at Earth Yoga Studio is preferred
- Your state of health should be good
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn
- 100 classes at Earth Yoga Studio to be completed by final exam
Book reports must be submitted by the 1st of February 2021.
Read the first three books in the reading list prior to the start of training and write your response on:
- your personal impression of each
- the most valuable component for you
- an elaboration on how this material could be useful for a yoga teacher
- Jivamukti Yoga, by Sharon Gannon and David Life
- The Heart of Yoga: Developing a Personal Practice, by T. K. V. Desikachar
- Loving What Is, by Byron Katie (audio book)
- Yoga Anatomy, by Leslie Kaminoff and Amy Matthews (No book report required as we will be covering this book during Yoga Anatomy modules.)
These books are not included in the training fees. If you cannot afford to buy the books you can borrow them from Earth Yoga Studio.
Terms and Conditions
You are required to complete the following in order to qualify for yoga teacher certification:
- all assignments
- book reports
- attend all lectures and workshops
- pass all exams
- complete 100 classes at Earth Yoga Studio
If you miss a lecture it is up to you to get the material from fellow students.
No refunds on course fees or deposits.
Earth Yoga Studio has the right to refuse entry to classes if students are disrespectful. Students are required to act respectfully towards all teachers, students and themselves.
Certificates will not be issued to student that do not submit and complete all the work as required.
All fees must be paid in full before final exam.
A contract with full terms and conditions must be signed before the course starts on 6 February 2021.
After the successful completion of this yoga teacher training course you will be certified to:
- lead a group yoga class at a fitness gym, Corporate company or Yoga studio
- teach Hatha, Restorative, Meditation and Vinyasa yoga
- give pregnancy and injury adjustments
- teach a private yoga class or workshop
- potentially teach at Earth Yoga Studio
This is a comprehensive Yoga Teacher Training Certification. Experienced Yoga Teacher and Earth Yoga Studio owner, Izelle Nair, is the lead teacher. Experienced Yoga Teacher and co-owner of Earth Yoga Studio, Malcolm Nair, is the assistant teacher. Guest teachers include Sanjay Mithal and others.
Early bird: Pay before 30 November 2020 and pay only R18 000
Full course fee @ R22 000 (Deposit with monthly installments)
Deposit @ R7 000 secures your space.
Space is limited, please register early and start with the reading material and 100 required classes at Earth Yoga Studio as soon as possible!
Course fees include:
- all lectures and workshops as per the calendar
- printed manual
- file with pen and exam pad
- 100 classes at Earth Yoga
- welcome lunch
- Please register here.
- Deposit or full course fee to be paid on application approval
- Start with 100 classes at Earth Yoga Studio and complete your book reports. Early start is recommended!
For more information contact Izelle – [email protected]