Teaching Yoga is such a blessing! What a wonderful way to share and connect with others. When we teach it forces us to focus on our own practice and to delve deeper into Self.
Join Izelle Nair, owner of Earth Yoga Studio, as she guides you through Internationally accredited 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training from February 2020.
Izelle leads a Hatha Vinyasa Yoga based teacher training with a progressive teaching practice being open to new expressions of yoga whilst being able to stay connected to the classic form of this ancient practice.
Through each week you will learn new skills as a yogi and delve deeper into the philosophy and history of yoga. There is always the chance that as you progress through this journey that you uncover a part of yourself that has been waiting to be released and allow you to evolve into your true self.
Find your strength, explore your mind, reveal yourself…
Early bird: Pay before 30 October 2019 and pay only R19 000
Full course fee @ R22 000 (Deposit with monthly instalments)
Deposit @ R7 000 secures your space.
Space is limited, please register early and start with the reading material and classes as soon as possible!
All fees must be paid in full before final exam. Course fees include a printed manual, file and journal.
This Yoga Teacher Training will begin on Saturday 1 February 2020.
Wednesday 6pm – 8pm at Earth Yoga Sanctuary (Sunninghill)
Saturdays 2pm – 5pm at Earth Yoga Studio (Kyalami)
Some Sundays 10:30am – 2pm at Earth Yoga Studio (Kyalami)
Class times at Earth Yoga (100 classes)
200 hours consist of:
- Discuss and explore Yoga History and Philosophy.
- Yoga Asana Workshops covering all groups of postures.
- Learn Yoga Anatomy through applied learning / play. No boring lectures!
- Practice to teach with feedback. We will focus on class sequencing, language and speech, observation and adjustments.
- 100 classes at Earth Yoga Studio
- Assignments and book reports
- A regular yoga practice at Earth Yoga Studio is preferred.
- Your state of health should be good.
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- 100 classes at Earth Yoga Studio to be completed by final exam.
Book reports must be submitted by 31 January 2020, or admission will be refused.
Read the first three books in the reading list prior to the start of training and write your response on:
- your personal impression of each
- the most valuable component for you
- an elaboration on how this material could be useful for a yoga teacher.
- Jivamukti Yoga, by Sharon Gannon and David Life
- The Heart of Yoga: Developing a Personal Practice, by T. K. V. Desikachar
- Loving What Is, by Byron Katie (audio book)
- Yoga Anatomy, by Leslie Kaminoff and Amy Matthews (No book report required as we will be covering this book during Yoga Anatomy modules.)
*These books are not included in the training fees and must be purchased by the student either online or from a book store. If you are unable to find these books or if you cannot afford to buy them, you are welcome to borrow these from Earth Yoga Studio.
You will be required to complete all the assignments, book reports, as well as attend all lectures and workshops, pass all exams and complete 100 classes at Earth Yoga Studio in order to qualify for the certification. If you miss a lecture it is up to you to get the material from fellow students.
After the successful completion of this yoga teacher training course you will be qualified to:
- teach a group yoga class at a fitness gym, Corporate company or yoga studio
- teach a private yoga class
- teach Hatha, Yin, Meditation and Vinyasa yoga
- give pregnancy and injury adjustments
- put together a creative sequence and teach with confidence
- potentially teach at Earth Yoga Studio
- register with Yoga Alliance
This is a comprehensive yoga teacher training course that exceeds the requirements of the Yoga Alliance’s 200 hour certification. This yoga teacher training is lead by Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (E-RYT 200), Izelle Nair, and assisted by Malcolm Nair.
Guest teachers include Sanjay Mithal and other surprise guest yoga teachers.
Terms and Conditions
No refunds on course fees or deposits. Earth Yoga Studio has the right to refuse entry to classes if students are disrespectful. Students are required to act respectfully towards all teachers; students and themselves. If students do not complete the work as required certificates will not be issued. All fees to be paid in full before final exam. A contract with full terms and conditions must be signed before the course starts on 1 February 2020.
Please register here.
Once your application is approved payment of full course fee or deposit must be paid.
Once your course fees are paid you can start with the 100 classes at Earth Yoga. Early start is recommended!
For more information contact Izelle – [email protected]