Learn how to teach yoga and deepen your own practice with this 200 hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training course. Learn from teachers that live the lifestyle and have many years of experience. After completing this course successfully you can register with the Yoga Alliance in the USA.
This yoga teacher training course is focused on the Hatha yoga method, with slow and specific instruction. Explore traditional Hatha yoga practices in depth and learn how to share these ancient teachings with others.
Teachers who have a 200 hour yoga teacher training qualification can attend the following workshops as an addition to their current qualification. Contact Izelle for more information.
Basic knowledge and a regular yoga practice is preferred.
Read the first two books in the reading list prior to the training and write your response on:
- your personal impression of each
- the most valuable component for you
- an elaboration on how this material could be useful for a yoga teacher.
- The Heart of Yoga: Developing a Personal Practice, by T. K. V. Desikachar
- Loving What Is, by Byron Katie (audio book)
- Yoga Anatomy, by Leslie Kaminoff (No book report required although you have to buy the book as we will work through it during the Anatomy module)
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika by Swami Muktibhodananda.
*These books are not included in the training fees and must be ordered from Amazon or book stores. If you cannot get hold of these books or if you cannot afford to buy them, you can borrow these from Earth Yoga Studio.
Pay before 31 May 2016 and pay only R17 000. Save R3 000!
Regular fees are R20 000 and payment options are available. Full payment is required by the end of the course or certificates will not be granted. Minimum deposit of R6 000 due by 15 July 2016 to reserve your space.
Hatha Yoga Teacher Training will start on 11 August 2016. You will be required to attend 80 hours of yoga classes at Earth Yoga Studio. The remaining hours will consist of lectures, discussions, self study and assignments. Lectures and Discussions will take place on Thursday evenings, Saturday afternoons and some Sundays. This training takes place over 3 months, we will finish early December.
Registration closes on 15 July 2016. To register, contact Izelle. Tell us in 200 words who you are and why you want to complete this training? We will then invite you to the Google Calendar showing you the exact dates and times of lectures.
Book reports due by 10 August 2016.
This is comprehensive yoga education that exceeds the requirements of the Yoga Alliance’s 200 hour certification. This yoga teacher training is led by Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (E-RYT 200), Izelle Nair.
You will be required to complete all the assignments, book reports, as well as attend all lectures and workshops, and complete 80 hours of practical yoga in order to qualify for the certification. If you miss a lecture it is up to you to get the material from fellow students and make up the lesson.
80 hours Unlimited Earth Yoga Studio Membership
Asana, Pranayama, Mudra, Bandha by Swami Satyananda Saraswati.
Please contact Izelle if you have any questions.
1. Techniques, Training and Practice: 120 hours
Yoga Asana, meditation, pranayama, chanting, mantra. This includes analytical training on how to teach these techniques, as well as guided practice of the techniques themselves. Includes Surya Namaskara A, B and other vinyasa styles of yoga, as well as Standing poses, Balancing Poses, Forward Folds, Backbends, Twists, Hip Openers, Seated Poses, Inversions, Savasana
2. Teaching Methodology – 35 hours
- Teach pregnancy yoga modifications
- Business of Yoga
- Qualities of a yoga teacher
- Use of language and voice
- Principles of demonstration, observation, assisting and correcting, including adjustments
3. Anatomy and Physiology – 30 hours
- Basics of skeletal, muscular, respiratory, cardiovascular anatomy, injury and recovery.
- Esoteric anatomy including chakras, nadis, prana, and bandha.
Included int he training; Study with Experts in the Field!
For the anatomy component of your training, we’re partnering with world-renowned Yoga Educators & best-selling authors of Yoga Anatomy, Leslie Kaminoff & Amy Matthews.
Using what they’ve learned in their combined 50-years of experience training yoga teachers, they’ve created a unique online + in-person course that’s exclusively available through Teacher Training programs: YogaAnatomy.net Fundamentals.
How does it work?
You’ll join Amy & Leslie at home via your computer for 20-hours of guided lesson content, reflection, personal exploration, and teaching preparation.
They’ll lead you through movement experiments that will help you apply anatomy ideas to your own practice, and give you tools you’ll be able to access as a teacher. You’ll have time to soak up the material and try it out it in your own asana practice.
This means that each time we come together as a group, you’ll already have a strong foundation in that unit’s content and we’ll be able to dive even deeper into the material, rather than spend valuable group time on basic concepts and memorization.
Our group time will be spent in hands-on application. We’ll break into discussion groups, share movement exercises, and observe exactly how this information interweaves with our tradition.
By the time we’re finished, you’ll have a broad understanding of the anatomical concepts that are most important to a yoga teacher so you can begin teaching with confidence.
4. Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethic – 15 hours
- Basic Yoga Philosophy and History
- Yoga Sutra of Patanjali
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- In the Now
- 3 kinds of teachers and students
- Ethics of a yoga teacher
- Buddhism and yoga
5. Practicum 10 hours
- Each trainee must spend a minimum of 5 contact hours of practice teaching as the lead instructor. Practice teaching does not include assisting, observing or giving feedback.
- Topics in this category could include, but would not be limited to:
- Practice teaching
- Receiving and giving feedback
- Observing others teaching
- Assisting students while someone else is teaching
– See more at: http://earthyogastudio.co.za/yoga/vinyasa-yoga-teacher-training-february-2016/#sthash.bs2NUkvQ.dpuf