A Freediving and Yoga Experience for Beginner Freedivers (R250 including yoga session, 10am – 12:30pm)
Come and experience the silence of the underwater world…. A journey into yourself. Through freediving and yoga; you learn about yourself, your body and how you think. It’s also a wonderful way to keep fit and stay young at heart.
Freediving and yoga is about being free… free from bulky equipment, free of noise, free from life’s worries… it’s all about relaxation and peace, while exercising.
As we focus inward, it improves our health and well-being.
During this experience we will practice the following:
Yoga at Earth Yoga Studio for 1 hour
- Yogic breathing techniques
- Meditation and mindfulness
- Postures to prepare the body for freediving
Freedive Introduction at Merschool for 1 hour:
- Breathing techniques
- Statics – How to hold your breath
- Dynamics – swimming across the pool, fully submerged while holding your breath. You will be shown techniques and get an opportunity to practice them.
- Safety and freediving will also be discussed, with a demonstration.
- Equalization of ears
What do you need to bring along?
- Yoga mat if you have one (or use a mat from the studio)
- Your costume
- Mask & snorkel if you have. Otherwise, a pair of goggles will do.
- Fins (Any type will suffice. You can do it without fins; however, it makes your underwater swim a lot easier.)
- Wetsuit – optional
- Weight belt – optional
Please note that although I am a Freediving instructor, this does not replace a freediving course. This is an introduction to the under-water world. Should you be interested in doing a course to be a qualified freediver, you can contact Janet on 0826812510
LIMITED SPACE AVAILABLE, SO DON’T DELAY…BOOK TODAY!
Experienced Freedivers: (R170 including yoga session 2pm – 4:30pm)
No excuse to use the cold to not train anymore! This pool is between 31 to 34 degrees Celsius.
This is just a fun training session to get together again & to start getting fit for Spring. We can practice some fun Dynamics and Statics or whatever we feel like on the day. To do this session you need to be an experienced / qualified freediver. You will learn new yoga stretches that will aid you with your freediving. The costs go towards the running costs of the pool and yoga. Really hope you can join in the fun! Nothing replaces the endorphins you get from a good freediving training session.
Only 10 spaces, adults only.
When: Sunday 29 August
Time: Beginner freedivers 10 – 12:30, Experienced freedivers 2pm – 4:30pm
Cost: R250 beginners, R170 experienced
Venue: Earth Yoga Studio and Merschool
Book Beginners: https://bookamat.co/embed/schedule/earth-yoga-studio/book/354441
Book experienced: https://bookamat.co/embed/schedule/earth-yoga-studio/book/354442