In Depth Yoga Teacher Training
Become a certified Yoga Teacher
This 200 hour Internationally Certified course covers a wide range of topics, postures and philosophy. Find your authentic voice and style; and teach what makes your soul happy. Learn from teachers with over 10 years of experience.
On completion you can register with the Yoga Alliance as RYT-200. This is a part time course so you can still work and live your life.
During this yoga teacher training course you will learn the tools to teach yoga confidently to a group. During lectures we practice different scenarios, working on the best language to use, and up to date adjustment and assisting techniques. Our Yoga Anatomy module is fun; incorporates Somatic Movement Therapy and is a great way to learn about the Self. Many practical hours to practice to teach and find what works for you.
Starting with a welcome Breakfast on Saturday 13 August 2022, followed by lectures every Saturday 7:30am – 2pm and Wednesdays 5:30pm – 7:30pm. Free weekend once a month.
Here is the calendar with exact lecture dates, times and class plan for the lectures. (Look from Wednesday , open the event and look under the description for the requirements for the class)
Additionally to the lectures, you need to attend 100 classes at Earth Yoga (included in the course). Start with these classes soon as you pay your deposit. An early start is recommended.
Final exams and graduation end of November 2022.
200 hours consist of:
- Discuss and explore Yoga History and Philosophy
- Yoga Asana Workshops covering all groups of postures
- Learn Yoga Anatomy through applied learning
- Business of Yoga
- Introduction to Ayurveda
- Meditation and mindfulness
- Practice to teach with feedback. We focus on class sequencing, language and speech, observation and adjustments.
- 100 classes at Earth Yoga Studio
- Assignments and book reports
- A regular yoga practice at Earth Yoga Studio is preferred
- Your state of health should be good
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn
- 100 classes at Earth Yoga Studio to be completed by final exam
Book reports must be submitted by the 10th August 2022.
Read the first three books in the reading list prior to the start of training and write your response on:
- your personal impression of each
- the most valuable component for you
- an elaboration on how this material could be useful for a yoga teacher
- Jivamukti Yoga, by Sharon Gannon and David Life
- The Heart of Yoga: Developing a Personal Practice, by T. K. V. Desikachar
- Loving What Is, by Byron Katie (audio book)
- Yoga Anatomy, by Leslie Kaminoff and Amy Matthews (No book report required as we will be covering this book during Yoga Anatomy modules.)
These books are not included in the training fees. If you cannot afford to buy the books you can borrow them from Earth Yoga Studio.
Terms and Conditions
You are required to complete the following in order to qualify for yoga teacher certification:
- all assignments
- book reports
- attend all lectures and workshops. If you miss a lecture it is up to you to get the material from fellow students.
- pass all exams
- complete 100 classes at Earth Yoga Studio
- No refunds on course fees or deposits.
- Earth Yoga Studio has the right to refuse entry to classes if students are disrespectful. Students are required to act respectfully towards all teachers, students and themselves.
- Certificates will not be issued to student that do not submit and complete all the work as required.
- All fees must be paid in full before final exam.
After the successful completion of this yoga teacher training course you will be certified to:
- lead a group yoga class at a fitness gym, Corporate company or Yoga studio
- teach Hatha, Restorative, Meditation and Vinyasa yoga
- give pregnancy and injury adjustments
- teach a private yoga class or workshop
- potentially teach at Earth Yoga Studio
This is a comprehensive Yoga Teacher Training Certification. Experienced Yoga Teacher and Earth Yoga Studio owner, Izelle Nair, is the lead teacher. Experienced Yoga Teacher and co-owner of Earth Yoga Studio, Malcolm Nair, is the assistant teacher.
Full course fee @ R22 000 (Deposit with monthly installments)
Deposit @ R7 000 secures your space.
Early bird: Pay before 31 May 2022 and pay only R18 000
Space is limited, please register early and start with the reading material and 100 required classes at Earth Yoga Studio as soon as possible!
Course fees include:
- all lectures and workshops as per the calendar
- printed manual
- file with pen and exam pad
- 100 classes at Earth Yoga
- welcome dinner
- Please register here.
- Deposit or full course fee to be paid on application approval
- Start with 100 classes at Earth Yoga Studio and complete your book reports. Early start is recommended!
For more information contact Izelle – [email protected]