Join Yoga Teacher Training in 2018 if you are passionate about yoga; and if you would love to share this passion with others. Practice regularly and learn more about the History, Philosophy and method of teaching. Practice what you have learnt in a ‘lab’ environment and learn to teach a complete yoga class with confidence.
Working on yourself, mentally and physically is rewarding in many ways. Test your limits and break through fear and limiting beliefs that have always held you back. Start to manifest the life you really want to live. Observe yourself and thought processes and start to recognize the beliefs that are holding you back. Learn how to cope with stress and how to handle conflict.
The training is designed to fit around your busy life, so you can still work; live life and complete the course successfully!
Yoga Teacher Training will start on Saturday 27 January 2018. You will be required to attend 80 yoga classes at Earth Yoga Studio. The remaining hours will consist of book reports, lectures and discussions, self study and assignments. Lectures and discussions will take place on Thursday evenings, Saturdays and some Sundays. Saturdays we will make use of the beautiful venue in Sun Valley Kyalami. Practice yoga in nature.
Yoga Teacher Training includes:
- Teaching Methodology including Business of Yoga
- Yoga Anatomy: Fundamentals with Leslie Kaminoff and Amy Matthews
- Yoga philosophy, lifestyle and ethics
- Many practical teaching hours in a ‘lab’ environment. Learn the skills to teach confidently.
- 80 Classes at Earth Yoga Studio
- Course material
- Study with Experts in the Field!!
- A regular yoga practice at Earth Yoga Studio is preferred. If you are not a member of Earth Yoga, you will be required to do an interview.
- You state of health should be good.
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Book Reports must be submitted 1 week before the training starts.
Read the first three books in the reading list prior to the training and write your response on:
- your personal impression of each
- the most valuable component for you
- an elaboration on how this material could be useful for a yoga teacher.
- Jivamukti Yoga, by Sharon Gannon and David Life
- The Heart of Yoga: Developing a Personal Practice, by T. K. V. Desikachar
- Loving What Is, by Byron Katie (audio book)
*These books are not included in the training fees and must be ordered from Amazon or book stores. If you cannot get hold of these books or if you cannot afford to buy them, you can borrow these from Earth Yoga Studio.
- Register here…
- Once you receive approval, pay the deposit. Here are the bank details:
Account name: Earth Yoga (Pty) Ltd
Account Number: 62427672747
Bank: FNB Cheque Account
Branch: 250 655
Reference: Your name and TT
- Attend class at Earth Yoga and work towards completing 80 classes. Membership is included in your training fee. The sooner you start the better!
- Complete book reports
- Watch the Yoga Anatomy videos and complete the homework.
There is a lot to do before the training begins. An early start is recommended.
1. Techniques, Training and Practice: 100 hours
Yoga Asana, meditation, pranayama, chanting, mantra. This includes analytical training on how to teach these techniques, as well as guided practice of the techniques themselves. Includes Surya Namaskara A, B and other vinyasa styles of yoga, as well as Standing poses, Balancing Poses, Forward Folds, Backbends, Twists, Hip Openers, Seated Poses, Inversions, Savasana
2. Teaching Methodology – 35 hours
- Teach pregnancy yoga modifications
- Business of Yoga
- Qualities of a yoga teacher
- Use of language and voice
- Principles of demonstration, observation, assisting and correcting, including adjustments
3. Anatomy and Physiology – 40 hours
- Basics of skeletal, muscular, respiratory, cardiovascular anatomy, injury and recovery.
- Esoteric anatomy including chakras, nadis, prana, and bandha.
For the anatomy component of your training, we’re partnering with world-renowned Yoga Educators & best-selling authors of Yoga Anatomy, Leslie Kaminoff & Amy Matthews.
Using what they’ve learned in their combined 50-years of experience training yoga teachers, they’ve created a unique online + in-person course that’s exclusively available through Teacher Training programs: YogaAnatomy.net Fundamentals.
How does it work?
You’ll join Amy & Leslie at home via your computer for 20-hours of guided lesson content, reflection, personal exploration, and teaching preparation.
They’ll lead you through movement experiments that will help you apply anatomy ideas to your own practice, and give you tools you’ll be able to access as a teacher. You’ll have time to soak up the material and try it out it in your own asana practice.
This means that each time we come together as a group, you’ll already have a strong foundation in that unit’s content and we’ll be able to dive even deeper into the material, rather than spend valuable group time on basic concepts and memorization.
Our group time will be spent in hands-on application. We’ll break into discussion groups, share movement exercises, and observe exactly how this information interweaves with our tradition.
By the time we’re finished, you’ll have a broad understanding of the anatomical concepts that are most important to a yoga teacher so you can begin teaching with confidence.
4. Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics – 15 hours
- Basic Yoga Philosophy and History
- Yoga Sutra of Patanjali
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- Ethics of a yoga teacher
- Buddhism and yoga
- Karma and Emptiness
5. Practicum 10 hours
Each trainee must spend a minimum of 10 contact hours of practice teaching as the lead instructor.
Topics in this category could include, but would not be limited to:
- Practice teaching
- Receiving and giving feedback
- Observing others teaching
- Assisting students while someone else is teaching
- Mark Joseph
- Sanjay Mithal
- Malcolm Nair
- Sara Loots
And many more…
You will be required to complete all the assignments, book reports, as well as attend all lectures and workshops, and complete 80 hours of practical yoga in order to qualify for the certification. If you miss a lecture it is up to you to get the material from fellow students.
After the successful completion of this yoga teacher training course you can:
– teach a group yoga class at a fitness gym, Corporate company or yoga studio
– teach a private yoga class
– teach Hatha and Vinyasa yoga
– give pregnancy and injury adjustments
– put together a creative sequence and teach with confidence
– potentially teach at Earth Yoga Studio
– register with Yoga Alliance
This is comprehensive yoga education that exceeds the requirements of the Yoga Alliance’s 200 hour certification. This yoga teacher training is lead by Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (E-RYT 200), Izelle Nair.
Early Bird: Pay before 30 November 2017 and pay only R17 000. Full course fee is R20 000 and payment options are available, however all fees must be paid by date of exam. Deposit of R6 000 secures your space. Deposit must be paid by 15 January 2018.